The Role of Multimedia in Internet Marketing
Writing is a big part of SEO. However, for the past few years, major search engines have increased the importance of multimedia for rankings and relevancy. While writing is still essential, video, in particular, is now critical to an effective overall optimization strategy.
One of the most important aspects of using video is to have a specific focus in mind whenever you set to producing one. Video makes for powerful and expressive content, which can be extremely valuable to your audience. Ask yourself:
What do you want your video to do?
Do you want it to drive traffic to your website, or to convert visitors to customers via an impression of your brand’s authority? You can also use video to ensure that established customers keep coming back. If you want a good return on investment for the resources invested into your video’s creation, you need a specific goal in mind, and your video needs to be tailored to it.
Utilizing Video in 2021
When it comes to video tips in 2021, there are a few key areas of focus
- YouTube Optimization: Optimize your videos on YouTube for Conversions. Add CTA’s, web addresses, phone numbers, and set links to pages on your website that you would like people to visit.
- Scripting: Script out bullet points. Every video should answer a question or satisfy a need. Don’t overtalk or go into too many specifics that could make the subject matter confused on the subject.
- Emotional connection: Be real! Engagement is everything when it comes to customer loyalty. Use real people and real spaces to show off your company culture and those who work behind-the-scenes.
- Closed Captioning: Always add closed captioning to your videos to make them more searchable. Search engines can read closed captions…and YES they do index them in search results.
- Keep it Short: Up to 1:30 seconds per video. A 30-second cut clip of each video can also be very beneficial for video ads and SEO purposes. 2021 is all about keeping their attention. Grab them fast and get to the point.